Recipe Source: My mum
- Pork (with fat) – 1kg
- Onions – 3 – 4 large
- Green Chillies – 2
- Garlic – 1 pod or 10-12 big cloves
- Ginger – 2 inches
- Cinnamon – 2 inches
- Cloves – 4
- Bay leaves – 2
- Bafat Powder – 1-1/2 – 2 tbsp
- Tamarind juice – 2-3 tsp
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Salt – 1 level tsp (or to taste)
1. Cut the meat into medium sized pieces (cubes)
2. Cut the onions into large cubes & finely chop the ginger. The garlic can be left whole by just removing the skin (if you are using Indian garlic). Slit the green chillies into half.
3. In a pan put the meat along with the chillies, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, salt, tamarind juice & bafat powder.
4. Cook on slow fire till almost done & then add the onions & garlic.
5. There is no need to add water unless the meat is with almost no fat.
6. Serve piping hot with Sanna (Mangalorean idlis/rice cakes)