Moode | Mooday ~ Rice Cakes Steamed in Screw Pine Leaves
- 3 cups idli rice (mutambo), parboiled rice
- 1 cup skinless whole black gram / urad gota
- 1/2 cup beaten rice (optional) * see notes
- salt to taste
- 8-10 moode moulds/tubes made out of screw pine/kewra/kedige /pandan leaves
- tall and deep idli steamer / tondor
4. If you wish you may place ramekins (individual sanna moulds/bowls) inside the steel box placed in the steamer and then position each moode mould inside each ramekin – this is to help the moode mould from toppling over.