If you give this recipe a try do leave a comment on this post down below and don’t forget to give it a star rating! It will really help more readers discover my recipes! Don’t forget to check out my latest videos on my YouTube channel. If you like what you see, do give me a thumbs-up (like), share & comment and subscribe to my channel so that the gods of YouTube (a.k.a algorithms) recommend my channel to a wider audience with similar tastes and more & more people can discover my videos!
And while you’re here, do follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. If you’d like to say hello or have detailed queries do send an email at [email protected]. I’d love to hear from you!
- 500 grams chicken or beef mince
- 2 medium sized onions, finely minced
- 2 small green chillies finely minced adjust to taste
- 1 inch ginger finely minced
- 5 small cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper powder adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- juice of a small lime or 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 medium sized potato boiled
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 slice bread optional
- Bread crumbs or fine rawa
- 2 egg whites
- Wash the minced meat and cook it with salt to taste and lime juice (or vinegar) till all the excess water dries up. Let some amount of moisture remain. Remove from the fire and allow it to cool
- Heat oil in a another pan and fry the minced onions till they turn pale. Toss in the minced green chillies, ginger, garlic, coriander and mint leaves one by one. Just before you turn off the flame add the powders - pepper, turmeric, garam masala, cumin and cinnamon
- Turn off the fire & set aside. Allow the mixture to cool a bit. Add the mashed potato, cooked mince and mix well. If the mixture is soggy add the bread slice - roughly torn into pieces and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites & set aside in a bowl. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Shape the mince mixture into balls & flatten them in the center of your palm. Dip each patty in the egg whites mixture & then roll it over the breadcrumbs & fry on medium fire till both sides are golden brown
- Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato ketchup or with steaming rice & curry
If you intend to freeze the mixture for later use, do not add the potato to it as the mixture can turn soggy. Instead freeze in batches and once thawed out add the required amount of boiled potato to it
The nutritional values are only indicative.