Mashed potatoes! Who doesn’t love them? My family can’t get enough of potatoes, especially my kids. I tend to add the spud to most of my veg or non-vegetarian dishes as it goes very well with either. I generally make mashed potatoes whenever I grill some fish or chicken and it is polished off by the end of the meal and so for the next meal, I make brown rice in a pressure cooker and toss it in some garlic fried in oil. Tastes super yum!
This is a super simple recipe and I am sure you will love it. Pair it with some of my grilled chicken or fish recipes, especially the Christmas Special – Roast Chicken with Bread & Giblet Stuffing! I am sharing the links at the bottom of this post, so don’t forget to check them!
Have you tried these?
- 750 grams potatoes about 3 medium - large ones
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Grated cheese, to serve (optional)
- Pressure cook the potatoes with their skins on (unpeeled) for 5-6 whistles. When the cooker cools down to room temperature remove the potatoes. Once they have cooled, peel them and mash well using a potato masher or fork.
- Heat milk in a heavy based kadai/wok and add the mashed potatoes and mix well. Add the salt, cream cheese, butter and mix some more
- Season with pepper if desired and serve hot as a side.
The nutritional values are only indicative.