Basa in Butter Garlic
Prep time: 10 mins | Marinating time: 1 hour | Bake+Grill time: 20mins | Serves 3-4
- 500 grams Basa fish fillets
- 2 pods garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary finely minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano finely minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme fined minced
- 1/2 tsp of chili flakes/paprika or (1 green chili deseeded & finely chopped)
- a sprinkling of freshly ground pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 50 grams butter
- salt to taste (adjust accordingly if salted butter has been used)
- 4 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 2 tsp of olive oil
1. Marinate the Basa fish fillets with half the portion of garlic, ginger paste, rosemary, oregano, thyme, chili flakes or green chilies, lime juice, butter (25gm), salt to taste, crushed pepper for about 1 hour (if you want to keep for longer, cover with cling wrap/aluminium foil and refrigerate)
2. Prepare the sides – heat olive oil in a pan and saute the carrots and mushrooms for about 3 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
3. Pre-heat oven at 200 degree centigrade, cover the baking tray with aluminium foil and grease it well. Place the marinated fish, sauted sides (mushrooms and carrots) and garnish with half a portion of garlic & the remaining butter (sprinkle it evenly)
4. Bake the fish for about 12 minutes and then switch to grill mode and continue for about 8 minutes.
5. Serve hot with white rice.