Soya Chunks Curry
- 1 cup soya chunks
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1-1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp lime juice (optional)
- 1-1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1. Wash the soya chunks and soak them for 15 minutes in a bowl of hot water mixed with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder & salt to taste. Pressure cook the chunks in the soaked water for about 2-3 whistles. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or pan and fry the onions till translucent. Toss in the ginger garlic paste & fry for a minute. Add the chilli & coriander powders and mix well. Add the chopped tomatoes, mix, cover & cook on a very slow flame till the oil starts to separate and tomato is well cooked.
3. Add the precooked soya chunks and 1/2 cup of water (you can use the water from the pressure cooker), garam masala and a few chopped coriander leaves. Check salt to taste. Simmer & cook for another 5-7 minutes, ensuring that all the water doesnt dry up.
4. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chapathis
Leave a Reply