Simple Pumpkin Sukhe
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves 2-3
- 1-1/2 cups thinly chopped pumpkin
- 1/2 medium sized onion finely sliced
- water as required
- salt to taste
For the tempering:
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 dried red chillies (I used the round ones also called as Madras chillies)
- 2 tablespoons oil
1. In a heavy based pan/kadhai heat the oil. When the oil is hot add the mustard and wait for them to splutter. When they stop spluttering toss in the broken red chillies. Reduce the heat and let the chillies sizzle for a few seconds. Take care not to burn them (they will impart a bitter taste to the dish)
2. Next, add the sliced onion and fry until they turn pale/translucent. Now add the chopped pumpkin and add enough water to cover the pieces.
3. Add salt to taste and cook covered on a medium low heat till all the pieces are cooked and tender.
4. Remove from heat & serve hot with rice or chapathis.
Leave a Reply