This dish can be your perfect weekday meal option – to be eaten with chapathis – tastes really yum! So what are you waiting for? Go get some green in your diet!
- 1 kg chicken
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 1 or 2 green chillies slit
- 1-1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 loosely packed cup of coriander leaves & tender stalks
- 4 large (or 7-8 smalflakes of garlic finely chopped
- 2 firmly packed cups of palak leaves & tender stalks
- 1 firmly packed cup methi leaves only
- 1 or 2 teaspoon kashmiri chilli pwd - adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin (jeerpowder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup thick curds (yogurwhisked
- 1 teaspoon lime juice optional
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil or any cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into medium sized pieces, wash and drain on a colander.
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pan/kadhai and fry the onions till golden pink. Add the green chilli and coriander leaves n fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add the chopped ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder. Mix well and then add the chicken and fry on a medium flame for 3-4 mins. Add the thick yogurt, salt to taste and cook for about 5 mins.
- Add the roughly chopped methi and palak leaves and mix. Cover the pan and cook on a medium flame till the chicken is done. Check taste and add lime juice if desired.
- Serve hot with chapathis.
1. Wash the methi & palak leaves and drain off all the excess water from the leaves. You can use a clean kitchen towel for this. This will ensure that your gravy doesn't become too watery.
2. For a thicker gravy, you may puree the palak leaves and add them to the curry after step# 2. Do not puree the methi leaves.