Easy pressure cooker method to cook your favourite brown basmati rice
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Washing the rice
Step 2: Pressure cooking the rice
Step 3: Serving the rice
When you area able to open the cooker easily, fluff up the rice using a fork and keep it aside. You can serve it right away with any curry or side dish of your choice or add the rice to any recipe that calls for it.
Recipes that call for brown basmati rice
Here are a couple of recipes that are made with brown basmati rice that I hope you will like. I will be adding more recipes soon to this section, so do stay tuned for more.
Beetroot Chilli Garlic Brown Rice – Gluten Free & Vegan
A delicious, nutritious and visually pleasing bowl of rice is just what you need to break the monotony of everyday cooking!
2. Chilli Coriander Brown Rice with Mushrooms – Gluten Free & Vegan
A simple yet flavorful one pot meal. A perfect option for your weeknight dinner!
Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 2-1/4 cups water
- salt to taste optional
- Wash the rice in 2-3 changes of water. In a pressure cooker bring the 2-1/2 cups of water to a boil and add the washed rice. Don’t add any salt.
- Cover the cooker, place the weight and on full heat cook for 5-6 whistles.
- Reduce heat completely to a simmer and let the rice cook for 25 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the pressure cooker cool down.
- When the weight (whistle) comes off easily, open, fluff up the rice with a fork and keep aside.
The nutritional values are only indicative.