Garlicky Spaghetti & Vegetable Clear Soup
Prep time:15 mins | Cooking time: 10mins | Serves: 2-3
- 1/2 pod (about 12-13 cloves) garlic finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp paprika/chilli flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup boneless chicken cut into tiny pieces * see notes
- 1/2 a yellow or green zucchini cut into small cubes * see notes
- 50-75gm spaghetti (or use pasta of your choice)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups (approx) water
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley or coriander (optional)
Additional flavouring if required
- 1/2 a stock cube (I used maggi)
- 1 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
1. Cook spaghetti or pasta as per instructions on the package (*see notes). Drain, refresh with cold water & keep aside.
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan heat the olive oil and toss in the garlic and chicken pieces. Fry for a couple of minutes before adding the paprika & zucchini and continue to fry for another minute.
3. Add the water and bring the soup to a boil. Add salt to taste or the additional flavouring items as mentioned above. Mix in the spaghetti and simmer for half a minute. Garnish with chopped coriander/parsley and serve hot.
If you like you can skip the chicken and replace it with any other vegetable like french beans,carrot or potato.
Do not add too much cheese as you don’t want it to mask the flavour of garlic which should be dominant.
If you intend to use the stock cube then use salt sparingly.
To cook spaghetti, place water in a large pan and bring it to a boil, add the spaghetti, salt to taste & a few drops of oil and continue to cook for 7 minutes and then drain. This gives you spaghetti that is al-dente (90% cooked)