- 200gm/1-2/3rd cups whole wheat flour
- 200gm/1 cup sugar
- 125gm/1 cup grated Zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 120ml/1/2 cup light olive oil (or any odourless oil)
- 80ml/1/3 cup warm water
- 50gm/1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or nutmeg powder (optional)
1. Sift the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder) about 2-3 times and keep aside. Grease a 7″ loaf pan well and dust with flour. Preheat oven to 175 C (if you are using an OTG, preheat it for about 8 minutes)
2. In a large bowl beat the sugar & oil till the mixture looks pale and well blended. Add one egg at a time & beat well.
3. Mix in the sifted dry ingredients in parts till well incorporated. Add the water and combine into a smooth batter. Add the grated Zucchini & the chocolate chips & mix well.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until the skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. When done, remove and allow the tin to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Carefully invert it & place it on the wire rack. Allow it to cool completely. Cut & serve with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
- You can use multi grain wheat flour to increase the health quotient. I used Ashirwad Multigrain Atta. Whole wheat flour tends to result in a cake that is more dense than regular flour (Maida) – so you can replace it with the same.
- Adding unrefined sugar (brown/demerara/packed light brown sugar) instead of regular granulated white sugar is also a good idea if you want it to be a complete healthy cake
- Increase the cinnamon powder upto 1-1/2 tsp if you wish a stronger cinnamon flavour & fragrance