- 1 cup vermicelli I used MTR Vermicelli which i found is far better than other brands
- 1/4 cup each of carrots cubed, french beans (julienne), peas, potatoes, cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 2-3 curry leaves washed & dried – you dont want them spluttering hot oil on ur face!
- 1 green chillie minced
- 1/2 tsp urad dal black gram
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder optional – only for the colour
- Boil 2 and half cups of water and cook vermicelli for about 1 min. Leave it slightly undone (90% cooked). Drain well and refresh it with cold water. Drain and keep aside
- In 2 cups of boiling water add potatoes and carrots and boil for 2 mins. Add beans, cauliflower, peas and boil for a further 2-3minutes. Drain, cool & set aside
- In a wok heat some oil, add mustard and when they splutter add the curry leaves, stir for 2-3 seconds
- Toss in the udad dal and stir till they become pale brown & immediately add the onions and stir well
- When the onions begin to brown a little add the green chillies and fry.
- Add turmeric powder and toss in the cooked veggies and stir fry for a further 2-3 minutes
- Add the vermicelli and stir gently till all the masala is mixed well.
- Serve hot
The nutritional values are only indicative.
Leave a Reply