Prep time: 10mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves 2-3
- 1 cup rawa/semolina (do not use very fine variety)
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 2 green chillies slit
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1/2 carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green peas (I used frozen ones)
- 1/2 cup chopped french beans (I skipped this)
- 2 medium sized onions chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp grated coconut (optional)
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
1. Heat oil in a large pan or kadhai and add the mustard seeds, when they splutter, add the curry leaves and then the green chillies and fry on a slow flame for a few seconds. Toss in the chopped onions and fry for half a minute.
2. Add the chopped veggies and stir fry for a minute or so and then add the chopped ginger, turmeric powder, salt to taste and rawa and fry on a slow flame for about 2-3 minutes. In the meantime bring 2-1/2 cups of water to a boil in another pan.
3. Add the boiling water to the rawa mixture and stir gently. Let the mixture start bubbling over before you reduce the flame and cover the pan with a well fitting lid. Cook for a couple of minutes and then gently stir.
4. Turn off the flame and serve hot, garnish with chopped coriander if desired.