This biscuit cake is a breeze to make and will save you so much effort. Call it a cake or a fudge with dry fruits, you can put this together in a jiffy and wait, it needs no oven either!
- 55 grams/2oz butter plus extra for greasing
- 55 grams/2 oz raisins chopped
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 115 grams /4oz plain chocolate roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 175 grams/6 oz digestive biscuits roughly broken
- 55 grams / 2 oz flaked almonds lightly toasted
- 25 grams / 1 oz glacé cherries chopped
- 100 grams / 3-1/2 oz plain chocolate
- 20 grams / 3/4th oz butter
Grease and line the base of a 7" square cake tin or shallow tray.
Soak the raisins and brandy in a bowl for about 20-30 mins
Place the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan and heat gently till everything has melted. Mix in the broken biscuits, almonds, cherries and the soaked raisins along with the soaking liquid.
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface. Cover with a cling wrap and chill for about 1 hour in the refrigerator.
When you are ready to bring the cake out of the fridge, prepare the topping by melting the butter and chocolate in a small heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir till melted and then pour over the cake and smoothen the surface.
Chill for another 4-5 hours or overnight for best results. Cut into bars or squares and serve