Save this recipe on Pinterest!
Raisin Chicken is a simple dish with magical flavours that come from a few basic ingredients. It is simple, quick & easy!
- 1 kg chicken on the bone
- 6 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3-4 tablespoons raisins
- 2 green chillies
- oil for shallow frying
- salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into medium sized pieces, wash well and leave to drain on a colander.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the onions till they turn golden brown and crisp (similar to how you fry onions to garnish biryani). Then add the chicken and fry it - do not add any water. Add salt and cover the wok and cook on a slow heat for about 20 minutes till the chicken is cooked.
- Add the turmeric powder, raisins and green chillies and mix it well. Cook for about 4-5 minutes till the raisins turn soft. Remove from heat
- Serve hot with chapathis or rice
Recipe adapted from Foodnetwork.com