If you give this recipe a try do leave a comment on this post down below and don’t forget to give it a star rating! It will really help more readers discover my recipes! Don’t forget to check out my latest videos on my YouTube channel. If you like what you see, do give me a thumbs-up (like), share & comment so that more people can discover my videos!
Pork Bafat | Dukra Maas
- 1 kg pork, with fat
- 3-4 large onions
- 2-3 green chillies (adjust to taste)
- 10-12 cloves garlic
- 2 inches ginger
- 2 inches cinnamon or cassia bark
- 4 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons bafat powder
- 2-3 teaspoons thick tamarind extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- salt to taste
- Cut the meat into medium sized pieces (cubes). Ideally every piece of meat should have some fat along with it.
- Cut the onions into large cubes & finely chop the ginger. The garlic can be left whole by just removing the skin (if you are using Indian garlic). Slit the green chillies into half.
- In a pan put the meat along with the chillies, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, salt, tamarind juice & bafat powder.
- Cook on slow fire till almost done & then add the onions & garlic.
- There is no need to add water unless the meat has very little fat
- Serve piping hot with Sanna (Mangalorean idlis/rice cakes)
The nutritional values are only indicative.