- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (maida)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar (adjust to taste)
- 2 teaspoons mini choco chips (add an extra teaspoon if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon Nutella (or jam or peanut butter * see notes)
In a microwave safe tea mug (160ml) add all the dry ingredients - flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, salt & choco chips, mix with a spoon and then add in the wet ingredients - milk, oil, Nutella (or jam or peanut butter) and stir well so that all ingredients are uniformly mixed and there are no lumps.
Place it in the microwave oven and microwave for 1 minute. Depending on the type of microwave used you may require to add another 5- 10 seconds to the bake time. Mine took exactly 1 min 10 seconds.
Remove and allow to cool a bit before digging in! If you are serving this to kids please note that the mug and the cake will be very very hot so be careful!
If you are using jam or peanut butter instead of Nutella you need to adjust the sugar accordingly as peanut butter contains less sugar and jam may contain more.