Somehow my luck with trying out breakfast goodies never seems to be running out (i run out of luck for everything I try most times – haha). Almost ALL of the Tarla Dalal breakfast recipes turn out gorgeous. By now you must have figured out that I am such a breafast person. Have always been. During my school days I could never imagine getting out of the house without a decent breakfast – something which was always in abundance at home owing to the large joint family we used to live in. In small towns breakfast is always the most important meal – people still twitch their noses at cornflakes & stuff which are unappealing. Or maybe this is just in south India – I dont know.
My breakfast has to be nice & steaming, colourful, tasty & nutritious. These ground rules make me hunt for recipes & I have hit a gold mine with the Healthy Breakfast recipe book by Tarla Dalal. Will post as many recipes as I possibly try. Do try this one…its a breeze!
Mini Soya Dosa
1 cup soya milk (I use Godrej Sofit Natural flavour – they have flavoured soya milk too like mango, chocolate etc- you need to use the unflavoured one)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 green chilli chopped
1/2 cup onions grated (or chopped very fine)
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1/4 tsp Eno’s fruit salt (Yep, the one you ask your pharmacist for when you have a gurgling sound in your tummy :))
salt to taste
2 tsps oil for cooking
1. Make a thin batter using the soya milk and wheat flour and add some water if required to achieve the thin consistency. Add the green chillies, onions, coriander, fruit salt, salt and mix well.
2. Heat a non stick pan and grease it a little with oil. You can use half an onion and poke it with a fork as we do in Mangalore – this ensures that you use very little oil and the same is spread evenly across the pan
3. Pour about 2 tbsp of batter (or use a regular round ladle that is used for making dosas) on the pan and spread it in a circular motion to make a thin dosa
4. Cook on both sides and brush a little oil if required
5. Repeat to make more dosas
6. Serve hot with Tomato Garlic Chutney