A yummylicious, easy to make dip for tortilla chips or cut veggie sticks for kids. Tastes awesome & was a big hit with my son & his little friends last week. I went hunting for a topping for Monaco biscuits & found this recipe on the net. You can use this as a regular dip & not just a topping. What you see in the pictures is finely chopped red capsicum (bell pepper) and not tomato.
Hung Curd &Cheese Dip
- 2 tbsps hung curd (take about 3 tbsps of curd, place it in a muslin cloth & hang it over the sink so that the whey dribbles away. This can take about 30-40mins)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps grated cheese or cheese spread
- 2 spring onions whites finely chopped
- 2 tbsps capsicum finely chopped – I skipped this
- 1 tbsp cucumber finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp jalepeno peppers chopped (I used about 2 slices of peppers)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper pwd
- Few coriander or mint leaves
- Red or Yellow capsicum (bell pepper) for garnishing
- Salt to taste (you can skip this as the cheese will balance out the salt)
1. Mix hung curd, mayonnaise, cheese, capsicum, cucumber, spring onions, Jalepeno peppers, black pepper pwd
2. Garnish with finely chopped red or yellow capsicum and mint/coriander leaves.
Above picture: Dip served with Tortilla Chips