Garlic Butter Lobster Tails – Mmm! What’s not to love? Well, this dish was prepared by hubby dearest a few months ago and it was also perhaps my first time tasting lobsters! If you remember I had mentioned about my allergy and how I avoided all crustaceans for the longest time. Then somewhere in 2014 I took a leap of faith and tried prawns for the first time and I didn’t develop any after effects so I praised God and continued to enjoy them in various ways. I somehow still can’t get myself to eat crabs (which is probably why you won’t see too many recipes on the blog) but I guess the Garlic Butter Lobster Tails did it for me. I enjoyed them quite a bit and have now vowed to bring them more often.
These lobsters were bought by the husband from the Deira fish market in Dubai which is truly a heaven for seafood lovers. All you need to do is go in the morning and buy yourself a truckload of fish. However, it makes more sense for you to go with someone else who also wishes to buy. It is then worth the trip. My brother & fly are also seafood lovers so during this trip the two men went and bought all the gorgeous fish and then spent hours cleaning and sorting fish. My job was to make packets of fish for deep freezing. The lobsters were then prepared for our late lunch. There’s nothing like eating fresh seafood if you ask me which is why this recipe is ideal for those times when you’ve bought & cleaned truckloads of fish and don’t have the energy to make an elaborate dish.
This recipe calls for a few basic ingredients and once the lobster has been boiled and cleaned it comes together in a jiffy. I really hope you enjoy our version of the lobster tails!
If you are a fan of garlic butter like me then you should definitely take a look at these recipes!
New here? Subscribe to my free newsletters with my latest recipes!
Tried my recipe? Do leave a comment on this post down below and don’t forget to give it a star rating! It will really help more readers discover my recipes! Do share a picture on Instagram, use the hashtag #ruchikrandhaprecipe and tag me @ruchikrandhap and I will feature your post in my stories!
Don’t forget to check out my latest videos on my YouTube channel. If you like what you see, do give me a thumbs-up (like), share & comment and subscribe to my channel so that the gods of YouTube (a.k.a algorithms) recommend my channel to a wider audience with similar tastes and more & more people can discover my videos!
And while you’re here, do follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. If you’d like to say hello or have detailed queries do send an email at [email protected]. I’d love to hear from you!
Garlic Butter Lobster Tails
- 2 large lobsters (or crayfish)
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- a few drops of vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 spring onion whites finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spring onion greens finely chopped
- Rinse the lobsters well and keep aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. The water should be enough to cover the lobsters. Put the lobsters into the boiling water for about 2 minutes. Remove and allow them to cool.
- Clean the lobsters and remove the meat out.
- In a wok/wide based kadai, heat the butter. Reduce the heat and add a few drops of oil to prevent the butter from burning.
- Toss in the chopped garlic and fry it for a few seconds. Then add the chopped spring onion whites and fry till translucent
- Add the lobster meat, salt & pepper to taste.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve with plain white rice or fried rice
The nutritional values are only indicative.