New here? Subscribe to my free newsletters with my latest recipes!
Tried my recipe? Do leave a comment on this post down below and don’t forget to give it a star rating! It will really help more readers discover my recipes! Do share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #ruchikrandhaprecipe and tag me @ruchikrandhap and I will feature your post in my stories!
Don’t forget to check out my latest videos on my YouTube channel. If you like what you see, do give me a thumbs-up (like), share & comment and subscribe to my channel so that the gods of YouTube (a.k.a algorithms) recommend my channel to a wider audience with similar tastes and more & more people can discover my videos! I also share quick 30 second videos on Reels on Instagram so don’t forget to check them out!
And while you’re here, do follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. If you’d like to say hello or have detailed queries do send an email at [email protected]. I’d love to hear from you!
Creamy Chicken Baguette Bites
- 2 medium sized baguettes or 15-20 mini toast slices
- For the chicken & mayo spread:
- 250 grams boneless chicken
- 1/2 cup or more mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh cream, optional
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
For the topping
- 4-5 bacon rashers (you may replace it with any other topping of your choice like turkey or beef bacon/ham)
- fresh chives or coriander to decorate
- Wash and drain the chicken. Cut into thin strips and cook till tender with some salt (don't add too much of it) and pepper to taste. There is no need to add water while cooking as the chicken releases some stock of its own but do make sure that the bottom of the pan doesn't scorch
- Remove, allow to cool and then shred. You can even pulse the chicken in a mixer grinder (don't grind, just pulse for 2-3 seconds at a time).
- Transfer the contents into a bowl, add the mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic and taste the mixture. Depending on the brands of mayonnaise and cream cheese used adjust the salt or fresh cream accordingly. Mix thoroughly. You can add some additional seasonings of your choice if you wish.
- Slice the baguette diagonally into 1/4" pieces and spread a portion of the prepared chicken and mayo spread. Garnish with the toppings. Serve immediately
The nutritional values are only indicative.