The hardest part about blogging I guess is to take the time to actually write and collate the entire post! While cooking & clicking happens in full swing almost on a daily basis, I hardly find the time to download the pictures on my computer & then put the post together. Add to it the occasional laziness and you have weeks of absence from me.
We’ve moved! Yes, my family has now relocated to Dubai, U.A.E and we have parked ourselves in the lovely home of my brother & his family. In a few weeks we move into our own nest, but till then we are having a gala time cooking & eating as one big happy family. Considering that there are four adults and four kids in the house now there is a lot of food being cooked every single day and I am thrilled to have extra mouths to feed and experiment upon (wicked grin!).Its a joy to actually make stuff knowing that it will finish off in no time – especially cakes – there are always takers for all kinds of cakes that I bake and I no longer have to worry about what will happen to the rest of a cake when just 2-3 slices have been eaten. There is definitely no overeating (even if someone is greedy) so nobody complains when sinful goodies make their way to the family dining table.
- 500 grams (about 4 whole, medium sized) pomfrets or white fish fillets (basa)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro/coriander leaves
- 2-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons almonds lightly toasted
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons spreadable (creamy) cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic *see notes
- 1/ teaspoon freshly ground pepper powder (just a sprinkling – do not overdo)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried herbs (oregano or thyme) – optional
- salt to taste (careful, cheese contains salt too)