Quiche (pronounced ‘Keesh’) is an open baked pie that is made with a pastry crust and includes ingredients such as eggs, meat, vegetables and cheese. Although it is part of classic French cuisine, the word ‘quiche’ originally derived from German means ‘Cake’
The mini quiche is a perfect appetiser or starter at a party & can also be eaten as a meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 12-15 mini tart shells*see notes
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 5 small button mushrooms
- 7-8 medium size spinach leaves
- 1 small onion (lime size)
- 4 cloves (Indian) garlic
- 2 small eggs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- paprika (chilli flakes) to taste
- dried herbs – a sprinkling (I used a mix of rosemary & oregano)
- 2 tsp olive oil or unsalted butter
- sharp cheddar cheese grated (as required)* see notes
6. Serve warm!
1. I used tart shells the size of small cup cake liners. A pack of 12-15 tart shells is available for about Rs100 at well stocked stores/bakeries & supermarkets. I bought a pack at Godrej Nature’s basket in Oshiwara. If you live in Mumbai, you can also find them at Warden [email protected] Lokhandwala Market & [email protected] Malad West
2. If you do not have a block of cheese that you can grate or ready grated cheese you can even use cheese singles and shred them fine. The cheese will melt anyway, so use the cheese of your choice.