Hey everyone! Just in case you are wondering where I am - I am right here! Haven't gone into hiding. It's just that a load of things are on my plate right now, but I will tell you that in detail later. I thought I'd quickly post a simple recipe for a delicious smoothie - its so easy to put together and delicious enough to entice little ones into getting something filling and nutritious into their little tummies
I realised that smoothies are my current favourite - you can have them anytime you are hungry and trust me, they can keep you 'filled' up till your next big meal. However, what goes into a smoothie greatly determines how many calories you are putting into your body - so watch out! My rule book says - no artificial sweetners. When fruits can provide the required sweetness, there is no need for the addition of sugar. However, tiny palates are hard to please sometimes, so a little sprinkling of sugar may be required.
The peanut butter provides the dreamy-creamy texture and taste to this smoothie which then becomes super tasty to the last drop! My little fellow loved it. I am sure yours will too!
Prep time 5 mins | Cook time: Nil | Serves 2
- 1-1/2 cups chilled milk * see notes
- 2 tablespoon curds/yogurt
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional) *see notes
Whiz all the above ingredients in a blender and serve decorated with banana slices
1. If you wish you can use milk at room temperature especially if you are serving it to kids.
2. Use of sugar is optional, not recommended if you are health conscious. However, if you intend to use it, substitute regular white sugar with brown sugar or honey.