Spiced Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Prep time: 15mins | Bake time: 50mins | Yield: 12 medium sized servings/slices
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour (maida)
- 1-1/4 cups (270gm) sugar (powdered)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 215gm ripe pumpkin pureed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice *see notes
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp all spice powder (optional)
- 1/8th tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Grease a 10″ bundt pan well and dust it with a little flour. Preheat oven at 175 C/350F for 10mins (if using an OTG with no preheating option).
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt 2-3 times. Keep aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar and oil, add one egg at a time and beat well. Add the pumpkin puree, spices and mix well.
4. Add the flour in 2-3 parts, mixing between additions. Add the vanilla extract and fold to incorporate.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40minutes, thereafter reduce the heat to 165C/325F and continue to bake for 10minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10minutes before inverting onto a wire rack.
7. Serve warm with tea or coffee.
I substituted the pumpkin pie spice with mixed spice used for Christmas/plum cakes. If you are using mixed spice you can skip the nutmeg & all spice powders as the mixed spice powder contains these.