Simple Chicken & Mayo Sandwich
Prep time: 10-12mins
- 5-6 slices of multi grain sandwich bread
- 4-5 (or as required) lettuce leaves (stem removed)
For the Chicken & Mayo Spread
- 250gm boneless chicken breasts
- 5-6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp salad dressing of your choice (optional) – I used coleslaw
- 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 medium sized spring onion (whites only) finely chopped * see notes
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- salt to taste
1. Wash and drain the chicken – cut into thin strips and boil with some salt and pepper till the pieces are tender. Remove from fire, allow to cool and shred the pieces. Transfer to a wide bowl
2. Add the rest of the ingredients for the spread and mix well.
3. Lightly toast the bread slices if you like and cut each slice diagonally into two. Spread about 2 tbsp of the prepared mixture on each triangle. Place lettuce leaves on top and place one triangle over the other.
4. Using a bread knife carefully slice off the hard edges of the bread and serve plain or with tomato ketchup
Instead of multi grain bread you may use any kind of sandwich bread
While assembling the sandwich you may use tomato, cucumber or olive slices if you like. Get creative!
If you don’t have spring onions, skip it. The sandwich tastes just as great without the onions. You can use finely chopped jalapeno peppers if you like instead but avoid using regular onions if you intend to eat the sandwich after a while as it may emit a strong odour.
Click below to save it on Pinterest!