Folks, I am back today with a super easy and lip-smacking pork recipe. This one’s for pork curry that requires basic cooking skills and basic ingredients that are readily available in one’s kitchen. Besides this you need some time (as pork must be cooked very well) and lots of love to pour into this dish. Got what it takes? Then what are you waiting for?! Scroll down to the recipe but not before stopping by to check out the video too! I’ve been receiving a lot of positive response for my videos from you all and it has really motivated me to keep at it. I hope to be able to edit them faster, it is a skill that takes some time & experience I guess but I totally love doing it. It is wonderful to learn something new isn’t it?
So here’s presenting simple, tasty and easy to make pork curry that tastes even better the next day. I used a chunk of fatless & skinless pork but I highly recommend you to use pork with fat just to double the taste. So yum!
Easy to make & delicious Pork Curry can be made with pork with or without fat. If you are a lover of pork with fat, I will highly recommend you use that!
- 500 grams pork with or without skin & fat
- 2 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 1 " ginger minced
- 7-8 fat flakes of garlic minced
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons red chilli powder adjust to taste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 1 cardamom
- 1 " stick cassia bark or cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- Cut the pork into medium sized pieces, wash & allow to drain
- Heat oil in a heavy-based wok/pan and add the mustard seeds. When they stop spluttering, add the curry leaves and fry for a couple of seconds. Add the chopped garlic & ginger and fry till the raw smell vanishes.
- Add the sliced onions and fry till they turn golden. Then reduce the heat and add the red chilli powder and fry for a couple of seconds before adding the coriander & turmeric powders.
- Add a cup of water (approx) and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the pork, garam masala powder & salt to taste. Mix well and cover and cook on a low heat till the pork is tender and the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with chopped coriander & take off the heat. Serve hot with rice or neer dosa, chapathis or appams