- 1 1/2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Besan (channa atta)
- 3/4th cup peeled, boiled and grated potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach (palak or any other) (make sure that the spinach is washed & completely dried otherwise your dough will turn sticky)
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 4 tbsps fresh curds (yogurt)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients (including the oil) and knead into a soft dough – If you find the dough a bit sticky, dust some extra flour to make it smooth. Keep dough aside for 10minutes
2. Divide into 8 equal portions and roll into round parathas or you can use a cookie cutter & cut into interesting shapes. Keep them a little thicker than chapathis
3. Heat a tawa and place the paratha on it & cook on slow flame till it is golden brown on both sides
4. To make the parathas soft, always fry on slow heat & brush with a little oil or ghee.
5. Serve hot – they are delicious when eaten plain, with cheese spread, mayonnaise or the authentic way – with pickle or fresh curd.