Multigrain Nutella Swirled Banana Bread
Prep time: 15 mins | Bake time: 55-60 mins | Yield 9×5 inch loaf
- 1 cup (250 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125 grams) multi grain atta * see notes
- 1 cup (125 grams) all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups mashed over ripe bananas (about 6 elaichi bananas or 4 big bananas)
- 1 cup Nutella or any chocolate nut butter/spread
- sliced bananas for garnishing (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C. Lightly grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan and keep aside.
2. In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and add the sugar and whisk well. Add the beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Sift in the flour and baking soda and fold. Add the mashed bananas and mix using a gentle hand.
4. Now we need to eyeball the batter and Nutella into 4 portions each and spread them alternatively. First spread 1/4 of the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan. Scoop out 1/4th of the Nutella and spread over the batter and using the back of a fork or a butter knife make a swirl (or an 8 shape).
5. Next, spread another portion of the batter and smoothen it and then one portion of the Nutella and repeat the swirl. Continue alternating between batter and Nutella till both have been used up. Make a final swirl on the top most layer (the surface of the batter).
6. If using, place the sliced bananas on top of the loaf and bake for 55-60 mins or till the cake begins to leave the sides of the pan and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean (it may come out gooey if it has been poked into the part which has Nutella, but you will know)
7. Remove the pan and let the loaf cool in the tin for 30 mins. Then invert onto a cooling rack and let it cool completely before slicing
If you don’t have readymade multi grain flour just use 75 grams of wheat flour, 25 grams ragi and 25 grams soya flour or oats (slightly powdered)