- All purpose flour (maida) – 1/4kg
- Bananas – 2 small or 1 large
- Curds – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Soda bicarb – 1/4 tsp
- Oil/ghee – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- In a large flat vessel (used for kneading dough) mix all the ingredients except maida (curds, sugar, soda bicarb, salt, oil/ghee & mashed bananas. Reserve about a quarter of the flour and add the rest in parts to the wet mixture. Knead to incorporate all the flour except the reserved one. Add very very little water (about a teaspoon or two) at a time ONLY if required to help knead. Actually adding more water will make a mess of your dough, so even wetting your palms while kneading is enough as the wet ingredients have enough moisture to help knead the dough. Use up the reserved flour if the dough is too pasty after adding the wet ingredients.
- Keep the dough ball covered for 8 hours or overnight in a warm place.
- Make small balls of dough & roll thick ( 5-6cms diameter – about the size of pooris)
- Deep fry until golden brown
- Serve hot with coconut chutney
Note: The buns keep for 3-4 days if stored in an airtight container. They can be eaten plain without any accompaniment