I am always lost for ideas when it comes to drawing up a menu for kiddie parties. I prefer serving home made snacks that are not only easy to make but are also nutritious and tasty for the tiny tots. Tikkies or mini cutlets are one of those popular items on the table that every kid likes to munch on.
- 200 grams about 3 small potatoes, boiled, peeled & mashed (approx 1 cup)
- 4 tablespoons corn kernels (pre boiled)
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill leaves finely chopped *see notes
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs + extra for frying
- 1 tablespoon cornflour/cornstarch
- 50 -75 grams approx 1/3rd cup cheddar cheese, grated
- salt to taste
- oil for shallow frying
- Coarsely chop the corn kernels if desired (if you are making it for kids). Transfer all the ingredients into a wide flat bowl and mix well. Knead to form a stiff dough.
- Pinch out small lime sized balls from the dough, roll into balls and flatten in the center of your palm. Roll in breadcrumbs if desired.
- Heat oil on a medium high in a non stick pan and place just enough tikkis on it and fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer onto a serving plate, garnish with chopped dill leaves, grated cheese or corn kernels and serve hot with tomato ketchup, sauce or chutney of your choice.
The nutritional values are only indicative.
Leave a Reply