Olives taste wonderful in salads, sandwiches and soups. A dip/chutney is just another way to get the goodness of olives in your diet. This dip goes well with warm home made bread or with nachos/tortilla chips.
Green Olive Dip
Prep time: 10mins | Cook time: Nil | Serves 2
- 250gm pitted olives, chopped
- 2 green chillies (or to taste) chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime + zest
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or melted butter
- 4 small garlic cloves without skin
- 2 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
- salt to taste (only if required)
Pulse all the ingredients to a coarse paste in a mixer. Serve in a bowl garnished with mint leaves.
If you are buying bottled olives (stored in salt water) – rinse them in clean, fresh water and then grind, else the dip will be too salty.