Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves 4
- 1 medium big onion, finely chopped
- 2 fat cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small green chilli, chopped (adjust to taste or skip)
- 1 cup packed, spinach leaves
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 a yellow bell pepper, deseeded and cut julienne
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 100 grams feta cheese, crumbled (substitute with fresh, soft paneer)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying
1. Set the mode of the Euron multi cooker to ‘Saute/Grill’. Let the pan heat for half a minute. Make sure that all the ingredients ready before you begin.
2. Heat the oil and add in the onions and fry them till they turn translucent. Add the minced garlic, green chilli and saute for another 10-15 seconds
3. Toss in the shredded spinach leaves and saute till they wilt. Toss in the bell pepper and lightly saute it to remove the raw taste. Spread out all the sauteed ingredients uniformly over the base of the pan.
4. Now add the milk to the whisked eggs. Add salt & pepper to taste. Pour this mixture lightly over the sauteed ingredients. Sprinkle the cherry tomato halves and the crumbed feta cheese. Do not touch the eggs at this point or they will scramble.
5. Change the setting of the multi cooker to ‘Steam/Slow Cook’. Cover the pan with the glass lid provided and leave it to cook for 5-7 minutes. Check if the frittata is done by poking it with a fork. If the egg mixture is still moist and oozing let it cook for a bit. The frittata will still look undone but will begin to burn from beneath if you leave it unchecked for too long, so keep an eye out.
6. Gently remove the frittata from the pan and serve hot! (cutting it into pieces will make it easier for you to lift it off the pan)