Eggless Brownie Muffins ~ One Bowl Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins | Bake time: 20 mins | Yield: 9-12 medium-small muffins
- 100 grams (3/4th cup) all purpose flour
- 200 grams (1-2/3d cups) semi sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 150 grams (2/3rd cup) unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with cupcake liners or simply grease the moulds and dust with flour.
2. Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and add the chopped chocolate and butter to the bowl. Stir until the chocolate and butter have completely melted and no lumps remain. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a bit.
3. Add the mashed bananas and mix. Then sift in flour, salt and cocoa powder part by part and stir till everything is well incorporated.
4. Divide the batter equally into the prepared muffin pan using a tablespoon and bake for 18-20 mins. The skewer inserted will still be a little fudgy but that’s ok. The brownies will continue to bake once they have been removed from the oven, so don’t overbake or they will turn dry and chewy.
5. Remove the muffin tray and let the muffins cool in it for 5-10 minutes, then remove onto a wire rack and cool completely and store in an airtight container.
6. You may serve them hot (microwaved for 10-15 seconds) with some vanilla icecream or have them plain.
If you want fuller muffins (taller than what you see in the pictures) you could fill up 9 muffin cases with batter upto 2/3rds full.