Coffee Coconut Clusters
Prep time: 10 mins | Chilling time: 20 mins | Yield
- 115 grams / 4 oz milk chocolate roughly chopped
- 25 grams / 1 oz butter
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules (I used Bru)
- 55 grams / 2 oz dessicated coconut + extra to garnish (optional)
1. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchments.
2. Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and place the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
3. Stir the chocolate until it melts into a smooth mixture. Remove the bowl from the heat
4. Stir in the coffee granules and mix. Next add the desiccated coconut and mix well.
5. Place teaspoonfuls of this mixture spaced apart on the prepared baking sheets. Cover and chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes or until set.
6. Place the clusters in mini cupcake liners or sweet cases and garnish with desiccated coconut before serving.
The heat proof bowl should be fairly big (enough to accomodate the coconut when added to it) and it should completely cover the mouth of the saucepan so that no water is able to get into the bowl. Even if a single drop or water gets into the chocolate it will turn into a hard mess
Recipe adapted from Coffee, 100 Everyday Recipes