Coconut laddoo – who doesn’t love them? They are an absolute favourite in my house! While they are a staple during the festive season, my son likes to indulge in a few mid year too. He simply loves them and makes it a point to tuck in a few when they are freshly made. I am not sure why I never posted the recipe because well, I thought they were super common and the recipe was popular anyways. I like the fact all brands of condensed milk always have a nice recipe stuck on the tin which comes handy and I just followed the recipe. I have created a short video for the same so don’t forget to check it out!
So coconut laddoo is one of those treats that you can put together in a jiffy. All you need is some fresh (latest production) desiccated coconut & a tin of condensed milk. Cardamom powder enhances the aroma but it is totally optional. With the first two ingredients you can create magic within 15 minutes! Yes, it’s that easy. All you need is a pan in which to cook the mixture. Well, I know of recipes that don’t even call for any cooking but I prefer it as I feel that it helps the coconut bring out some flavour when it gets heated. This recipe is so easy that you can involve your kids to help make the balls. Roll them in some more desiccated coconut and you have a lovely treat to enjoy. You can make them fresh just before you plan to serve them as they taste best this way. You can also make them to be gifted during the upcoming festive season. So what are you waiting for?! Go grab that tin of condensed milk and a pack of desiccated coconut and make these and enjoy!!
New here? Subscribe to my free newsletters with my latest recipes!
Tried my recipe? Do leave a comment on this post down below and don’t forget to give it a star rating! It will really help more readers discover my recipes! Do share a picture on Instagram and tag me @ruchikrandhap and I will feature your post in my stories!
Don’t forget to check out my latest videos on my YouTube channel. If you like what you see, do give me a thumbs-up (like), share & comment and subscribe to my channel so that the gods of YouTube (a.k.a algorithms) recommend my channel to a wider audience with similar tastes and more & more people can discover my videos!
And while you’re here, do follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. If you’d like to say hello or have detailed queries do send an email at [email protected]. I’d love to hear from you!
Coconut Laddoo with Condensed Milk
- 4 cups dessicated coconut plus 3 tablespoons extra to roll
- 1 tin (397 grams) of condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Add the desiccated coconut, condensed milk and cardamom powder into a pan. Mix everything together and cook on a low heat.
- Take care to see that the mixture does not burn, so keep the heat low and keep stirring every now & then till the mixture comes together. Remove from heat.
- When the mixture is cool enough to handle, grease your fingers & palms with a little ghee and pinch out lime sized balls. Press firmly and then roll them between your palms
- Roll them in the reserved desiccated coconut and keep keep in a container. Repeat the process till all the mixture has been rolled into laddoos. Serve immediately. You can store them in an airtight container for upto 1 day. You can refrigerate them for upto 3 days. It is best to prepare these fresh and serve them immediately as they taste much better
The nutritional values are only indicative.
Leave a Reply