Scrumptious chilli cheese toasts are so versatile that they can double up as a snack or appetizer for your next party! It is a great treat in your kids lunchbox or as a birthday party snack!
- 9 slices of bread brown or white as desired
- 200 grams fresh paneer Indian cottage cheese, crumbled
- 100 grams cheddar or parmesan cheese grated
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 small cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small green chilli deseeded and minced
- 1/2 bell pepper red, yellow or green capsicum, deseeded and chopped * see notes
- fresh coriander chopped
- salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
In a bowl mix all the ingredients mentioned above except the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and the coriander. Spread the slices of bread on a baking tray.
Cover the surface of each slice evenly with the prepared mixture. Next, sprinkle the cheddar or parmesan cheese over it, then the mozzarella cheese and finally garnish with the chopped coriander.
Place the tray on the top rack of your oven and use the broil/grill mode to grill the cheese toasts for just about 5-7 minutes or till they turn golden on top (not brown) - the time will depend on the size of your oven and mode used (I use the grill-fan mode which helps speed up the process in my oven). I suggest you keep an eye out and don't neglect the grilling process. Cheese gets burnt very fast.
Once done, remove from the oven and cut each slice into triangles using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife.
Serve hot with a cup of tea or coffee.