New here? Subscribe to my free newsletters with my latest recipes!
Tried my recipe? Do leave a comment on this post down below and don’t forget to give it a star rating! It will really help more readers discover my recipes! Do share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #ruchikrandhaprecipe and tag me @ruchikrandhap and I will feature your post in my stories!
Don’t forget to check out my latest videos on my YouTube channel. If you like what you see, do give me a thumbs-up (like), share & comment and subscribe to my channel so that the gods of YouTube (a.k.a algorithms) recommend my channel to a wider audience with similar tastes and more & more people can discover my videos! I also share quick 30 second videos on Reels on Instagram so don’t forget to check them out!
And while you’re here, do follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. If you’d like to say hello or have detailed queries do send an email at [email protected]. I’d love to hear from you!
Chicken & Mushrooms in Soy Sauce
For the marinade:
- 450-500 grams boneless chicken washed & cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch cornflour
- 2 teaspoons rice wine/dry sherry or regular wine optional
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock * see notes for substitute
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 2 fat cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 " ginger thinly sliced
- 200-250 grams approx 2 cups when sliced button mushrooms * see notes
- Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients mentioned under 'For the marinade' for 10-15 minutes
- Prepare the ingredients for the sauce in another bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok on a high heat and fry the onions, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes (till the onions turn translucent/pale). Remove and keep aside.
- Add the marinated chicken (drained, don't add the marinade) in the same oil and fry for 3-4 minutes on a high heat.
- Add a little extra oil if necessary and stir fry the mushrooms for a minute. Now return the fried onion mixture to the wok and fry everything together.
- Pour the sauce mixture and cook on a medium heat till the sauce thickens (you can add the remaining chicken marinade too).
- Serve hot with fried rice or chicken hakka noodles or plain white rice.
The nutritional values are only indicative.