Chicken Kheema Masala
- 800gms kheema (washed & drained well in a fine slotted colander)
- 3 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 big tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp garam masala powder (I use Everest Garam Masala which I totally love)
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- juice of 1 small lime or about 1 1/2 tbsp of juice
- 1 tbsp tomato puree (optional)
- salt to taste
- chopped coriander for garnishing (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp oil
1. Heat oil in a wok/pan and add the cumin seeds. When they splutter quickly toss in the chopped onions and fry till golden.
2. Add the ginger & garlic pastes and fry for a minute. Toss in the powders – cumin, coriander, garam masala & fry for a minute
3. Add the kheema and mix well. Simmer and cook for 10minutes stirring in between to avoid burning (by now the kheema will let out some stock which will help in cooking. Do not add any extra water)
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes get mushy. You can also add the tomato puree for additional taste
5. Add the lime juice cook for a minute.
6. Remove from flame. Add the chopped coriander for garnishing.
7. Serve hot with white rice or chapathis