New here? Subscribe to my free newsletters with my latest recipes!
Tried my recipe? Do leave a comment on this post down below and don’t forget to give it a star rating! It will really help more readers discover my recipes! Do share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #ruchikrandhaprecipe and tag me @ruchikrandhap and I will feature your post in my stories!
Don’t forget to check out my latest videos on my YouTube channel. If you like what you see, do give me a thumbs-up (like), share & comment and subscribe to my channel so that the gods of YouTube (a.k.a algorithms) recommend my channel to a wider audience with similar tastes and more & more people can discover my videos! I also share quick 30 second videos on Reels on Instagram so don’t forget to check them out!
And while you’re here, do follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. If you’d like to say hello or have detailed queries do send an email at [email protected]. I’d love to hear from you!
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 small carrot, cut julienne
- 3 mushrooms thinly sliced, optional * see notes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
For the rice:
- 4 cups of cooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the chicken:
- 200 grams boneless chicken, thinly sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dark soya sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1/4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl marinate the cooked rice with all the ingredients mentioned under 'For the rice'. Keep aside for at least 15 mins. In another bowl marinate the chicken with all the ingredients mentioned under 'For the chicken'. Keep aside till required (for at least 10 mins)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok on a high heat. Add the marinated chicken and fry till it is tender - this should not take more than 2-3 mins. Remove and keep aside
- Add more oil to the wok and pour the beaten eggs and scramble them into bite sized pieces. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove and keep aside.
- Quickly wipe the pan with a kitchen tissue and heat some oil again. Fry the onions and garlic for about 15 seconds each and immediately add the mushrooms or other vegetables, salt and pepper to taste and cook them on a high heat for 30-40 seconds or till the veggies are done.
- Add the marinated rice and fry it on a high heat.
- Add the fried chicken and eggs and mix well. Garnish with springs onion greens and serve hot
The nutritional values are only indicative.