Bread pudding is one of the first recipes posted on this blog. The original recipe was posted in February 2010 and now after more than 9 years I have updated this post with the narration and a video!
This is a super easy way to use up leftover bread. In Mangalore we make steamed bread pudding but this is a baked version. All you need is a few basic ingredients and you are good to go. I hope you enjoy it!
Make this simple and delicious bread pudding and serve it hot with some vanilla ice cream or chocolate sauce. You can even enjoy it plain with some tea, coffee or hot chocolate!Print Pin Rate
- 8 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter melted (softened at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar (granulated) or 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9X9" baking pan well (bottom & sides). You can even line it with baking parchment for easy cleanup.
- Break bread into pieces into the baking pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 – 50 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or drizzled with some chocolate sauce.
Eggs are optional. Add more milk as a substitute for liquid quantity
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
The nutritional values are only indicative.
Tried this recipe?Please leave a comment & rate the recipe below or share a photo on Instagram and tag me @ruchikrandhap
Leave a Reply