Make this simple and delicious bread pudding and serve it hot with some vanilla ice cream or chocolate sauce. You can even enjoy it plain with some tea, coffee or hot chocolate!
- 8 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter melted (softened at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar (granulated) or 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease a 9X9" baking pan well (bottom & sides). You can even line it with baking parchment for easy cleanup.
Break bread into pieces into the baking pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or drizzled with some chocolate sauce.
Eggs are optional. Add more milk as a substitute for liquid quantity
This image is from when I first made it and posted on the blog in Feb 2010