Beans in Yogurt
- 1/4 kg French beans or string beans (yard long beans/sango)
- 1-1/2 cups yogurt (plain curds)
- 2-3 long dry red chillies
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons oil for seasoning
- salt to taste
- Wash and string the beans. Cut into 1/4" pieces. Transfer into a pan, sprinkle some water, add the salt and cook until tender, do not overcook.
- In a bowl, whisk the yogurt until smooth. Add a little water if required to adjust the consistency of the gravy.
- In a small seasoning pan heat the oil and add the mustard. When the seeds stop spluttering toss in the broken dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds. Add the asafoetida and quickly pour the seasoning into the whisked yogurt.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the cooked beans and mix. Serve with piping hot rice.
The nutritional values are only indicative.
Do follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. You can find my videos on YouTube and Instagram. If you’d like to say hello email me on [email protected]. I’d love to hear from you! Liked this recipe? Please comment below! If you try my recipes, do rate them and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #ruchikrandhaprecipe and tag me @ruchikrandhap and I will feature your post in my stories!