Baby Potatoes in Savoury Butter
Prep time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins | Serves: 3-4
- 500 grams new (baby) potatoes
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 3 fat cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter (skip if you are looking for a healthier version)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (not extra virgin) or any other oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander and dill (or chives or any fresh herb of your choice)
- a sprinkling of dried rosemary or thyme or oregano (or a mix of all)
- salt to taste
1. Bring sufficient water in a pot to a rolling boil. Scrub the potatoes well, leave the skin on. Add them along with a little salt to the boiling water and cook till tender, about approx 15-20 minutes (cooking time will vary according to their size). Then drain and keep aside.
2. Heat the butter and oil in a heavy based skillet/pan and add the chopped garlic. Fry for a few seconds and then add the onions and fry till they turn golden (I further caramalized them for that extra taste)
3. Toss in the chopped herbs and the pre-cooked potatoes, reduce the heat and fry the potatoes for a couple of minutes till the skin turns slightly golden. Sprinkle salt to taste.
4. Garnish with more fresh herbs and serve hot