Aate Ka Halwa
Yield: 8 mini tart moulds
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (aata)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water *see note
- 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 10-15 almonds slivered
1. Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and toss in the almond slivers. Fry well on a low heat and add the flour. Fry it for a few minutes, stirring continuously. Do not allow the flour to burn
2. Add the 2 cups of water and the sugar and stir. The mixture will thicken and come together in the form of a ball. Cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Serve in bowls or in tart moulds if you prefer a design. Garnish with almond slivers and serve hot
If you like it a bit rich you can use 1 cup of water and 1 cup of milk instead of 2 cups of water.