Rum balls are those little treats that you can serve during the festive season when you are not in the mood to make something too fancy! A great way to use up leftover sponge or plum cake!
- 2 cups cake crumbs use leftover chocolate cake or brownies or plum/Christmas cake
- 2-3 tablespoons rum adjust to desired taste and consistency
- 1/4 chocolate ganache or condensed milk as required
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut plus extra to coat
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder if required, to adjust the sweetness
- Icing/confectioner's sugar if required, to adjust the sweetness
- chocolate sprinkles or any other fancy sprinkles of your choice
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- icing sugar
- dessicated coconut
Place the cake crumbs, ganache, dessicated coconut in a large bowl. Add the rum to taste (to adjust consistency) and mix everything to form a thick, semi sticky dough. Adjust sweetness by adding the icing sugar or condensed milk as required.
Place the items to roll/coat in different plates and keep it ready.
Pinch out small portions of the dough and roll into balls, then coat with the desired decorative coating.
Serve! You can store the rum balls in an airtight container for upto 1 week in a cool place.