Jivo Roce (Sweetened Coconut Milk)
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: Nil | Serves 3-4
- 1 medium size coconut or 2 cups freshly grated coconut
- 3-4 tbsp grated/ powdered jaggery (approx 30-50gm) adjust o taste
- 3-4 cardamom pods powdered
1. Pulse the grated coconut with a little lukewarm water (approx 3/4 cup) for 8-10 seconds in a mixer grinder. Do not make a paste of it or extracting the milk will be difficult.
2. Line a bowl with a thin muslin cloth and transfer the contents from the grinder onto the cloth. Pull the open ends together to make a bundle and gently squeeze out the thick coconut milk into the bowl. This is the first extract. Empty the contents back into the mixer grinder and add another 3/4 cup of lukewarm water and pulse it for another few seconds. Remove and repeat the process of squeezing out the milk. This is the thin coconut milk or the second extract.
3. In a large bowl mix the thick milk and a little thin milk to achieve the desired consistency. Do not make it too watery. Add the jaggery and cardamom powder and stir
4. Serve with Sanna and enjoy