Last week I decided to make some garlic bread for the upcoming bread challenge for the month of April and set out to look for recipes to make herbed garlic butter. I mixed and matched recipes to utilize whatever ingredients I had at hand and the result was remarkable. The garlic bread slathered with some of this gorgeous spread was over in minutes! Do stay tuned for the recipe of the beautiful, decorative bread that I have made for tomorrow’s challenge. For now, enjoy this versatile, slightly salty, aromatic and garlicky butter!
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoons (2 fat cloves) garlic, minced or microplaned
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic salt or a blend of equal parts garlic powder and tablesalt
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Check seasoning and adjust as required.
2. Use as required and refrigerate the rest.