Coconut, Oats & Dry Fruit Cookies
Recipe Adapted from: Love Food, The Perfect Christmas
Prep time: 20 mins | Bake time: 15mins | Makes 24-28
- 200 grams plain flour
- 80 grams oats
- 40 grams desiccated coconut
- 60 grams dry fruits (like raisins or cranberries -I used dried cherries)
- 225 grams butter at room temperature
- 140 grams caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C/375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
2. In a large bowl add the butter and sugar and mix well using a wooden spoon or spatula. Beat in the yolk and toss in the vanilla extract.
3. Sift the flour and salt into this mixture, add the oats, dry fruits and stir until thoroughly combined.
4. Scoop up a tablespoons of the dough and place them spaced well apart on the prepared baking sheet. If the dough is very stiff you can gently press the mound of dough but otherwise they will spread on their own during the baking stage.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then carefully lift them using a palette knife (a flat knife) and transfer them onto wire racks to cool completely.
6. The cooling process hardens the cookies. Once completely cooled store them in an airtight container