Bonda Sharbat (Tender Coconut Sherbet)
Preparation time: 5 mins | Serves 2-3
- 2 tender coconuts
- 1 tsp lime juice * see note
- 4-5 mint leaves shredded
- 1/2 tsp basil seeds (sabka/tukmaria) soaked in 2 tbsp water
- 4-6 tsp sugar (adjust according to taste or depending on the sweetness of the coconut water) *see notes
- a pinch of salt
1. Pour out the tender coconut water and scrape out the flesh (malai) into a vessel. Shred the coconut flesh if it is thick and mix it along with the water.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and refrigerate for at least an hour. Chill before serving – use a lime wedge to decorate the glass
1. The sherbet may taste odd at room temperature so you can skip the lime juice, but trust me it tastes awesome when consumed chilled.
2. If you are health conscious or obtain very sweet tender coconut water you may skip the sugar altogether. If the water tastes bland or is not very sweet you can skip the pinch of salt as well.