Banana & Choco Chip Muffins
Yield: 12 medium size muffins
- 70gm all purpose flour/maida
- 30gm whole wheat flour/atta
- 100gm unsalted butter or 120ml (4 ounces) olive oil
- 100gm powdered sugar
- 50gm chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 small bananas * see notes
1. Sift the flours and the baking powder together a couple of times. Keep aside. Beat the sugar and the olive oil or butter till pale (for about 2minutes on high speed if using an electric whisk).
2. Add one egg at a time and beat well. Pour in the vanilla extract and blend. Add the flour mixture and gently mix with a spatula till well incorporated. Add the mashed bananas and chocolate chips and mix gently.
3. Pour into a greased muffin tray or large cup cake liners/silicone moulds and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 25 minutes or till the skewer inserted comes out clean.
4. Remove and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- I used a blend of all purpose flour & whole wheat flour. You can use 100gm all purpose flour too, but I chose the healthier version.
- I used 2 small Elaichi/Kadhali bananas. Use slightly over ripe bananas for best results.